OSSAA Reinstates Trimble, Jimmerson Vote Tabled
Thursday, July 28th 2011, 5:39 pm
By: News On 6
Originally Published: Jun 1, 2010 10:27 AM CDT
Oklahoma Sports Staff Writer
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Jenks head coach Allan Trimble was unanimously approved for reinstatement by the OSSAA Board of Directors on Tuesday morning.
Former Booker T. Washington football coach and athletic director Antwain Jimmerson was not present at the meeting and the vote for his reinstatement was tabled.
The coaches were each suspended due to violation of OSSAA rules.
Trimble, who led Jenks to nine Class 6A title during his tenure with the Trojans, was suspended after a report concluded individuals within the program violated state rules against recruiting. The OSSAA determined Trimble was "remorseful" for the program's misdeeds and voted accordingly.
Jenks assistant football coach David Alexander and a student athlete identified only as Jenks' "Student #1" were also approved for reinstatement.
An investigation revealed 37 ineligible student athletes throughout four sports, including 16 on the football team. Jimmerson could be up for reinstatement again in August.
The Hornets' assistant football and track coach Scott Gilkey and former head tennis coach Ioder “Butch” Fisher, Jr. were each approved for reinstatement.
Full Timeline of Jenks Violations on Oklahoma Sports
- Jenks Trojans Head Coach Allan Trimble Suspended (10/2/2009)
- Fans React to Allan Trimble’s Suspension (10/3)
- IN DEPTH: Jenks Athletic Department Investigation (10/3)
- OSSAA Board President Speaks Out on Jenks Investigation (10/4)
- Broken Arrow’s Ron Lancaster Responds to Jenks Investigation (10/5)
- OSSAA Board of Directors Will Look Into Jenks Investigation (10/6)
- OSSAA Wants Indefinite Suspension of Jenks Head Coach (10/7)
- Jenks’ Trimble and Dillingham to Forfeit Nearly $13,000 in Salary During Suspensions (10/9)
- Jenks Head Coach Withdraws from Team USA Coaching Staff (10/12)
- OSSAA Could Profit from Jenks’ Penalties (10/13)
- Jenks Booster Club Records Raising Eyebrows (10/15)
- Jenks Athletic Department Investigation Costs Nearly $30,000 (10/30)
- Jenks Juking Adversity Heading Into Postseason (11/9)
- Jenks Trojans Fall Hard Against Union Redskins (12/4)
Full Timeline of Booker T. Washington Violations on Oklahoma Sports
- Booker T. Washington Investigating Eligibility of Athletes (10/26/2009)
- Booker T. Washington Athletes Found Ineligible, Football Coach Suspended (10/27)
- An Explanation of OSSAA Recruiting Rules (10/28)
- Booker T. Washington’s Playoff Hopes in Peril (10/28)
- Investigation Finds 37 Booker T. Washington Athletes Ineligible (11/4)
- Hornets Players Speak Out About Missing the Playoffs (11/6)
- Booker T’s Fall From Grace Shakes Up 5A Playoffs (11/9)
- Booker T. Washington Head Coach Jimmerson Resigns (1/25/2010)
- Darrell Hall Named Booker T. Washington Head Coach (3/29)
- Hall Ushers in New Era at BTW (5/25)