1 Panera Bread French Miche; thick-sliced
3 cups milk
¼ cup of sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5 pats
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish
• Cut bread into 18 1-inch wide slices
• Arrange slices in 1 layer, in bottom of pan
• Beat eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla in large bowl
• When thoroughly mixed, pour over bread in pan. Bread will float on top of liquid.
• Cut each pat of butter into 4 pieces. Dot each piece of bread with a piece of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
• Cover and refrigerate overnight
• Place dish, uncovered in cold oven.
• Turn oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish) and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until bread is puffy and light brown.
• Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes
• Bread will rise to top with a layer of custard on the bottom, similar to a bread pudding.
• Serve with maple, raspberry, strawberry syrup
• Makes 8 – 10 servings