Cigarette Blamed For Small Tulsa Apartment Fire


Friday, February 25th 2011, 7:38 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa firefighters say an elderly man fell asleep on the couch early Friday morning with a lit cigarette.

That resulted in a fire of the couch and carpet in the man's apartment.

It happened around 2:30 a.m. at the Disciples Village complex on 31st Street.

A maintenance man heard the fire alarm and put it out before firefighters arrived.

Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution.

The man was checked out by EMSA before he was taken to a Tulsa hospital, but is expected to be okay.