Texas Roadhouse Steak Kabobs
Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 11:31 am
By: News On 6
Mushroom caps, 1 oz.
Sirloin, 6 oz cut into 1 & 1/2 x 1.5 inch cubes
Yellow Onion, 1 oz. cut into 1 & ¼ by 1 & ¼ inch slices
Green pepper, 1 oz. cut into 1 & ¼ by 1 ¼ inch slices
Tomato, 1 oz. cut into 1 & ¼ by 1 & 2/4 inch slices
Marinade or seasoning as desired
• Trim stem of mushrooms even with cap
• Place in appropriate container and hold for later use
- Cut remaining ingredients and reserve.
- Each kabob contains: 5 sirloin pieces, 2 mushroom caps, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, and green pepper slices.
- With the point of the skewer up slide on one piece of sirloin.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on in this order: green pepper, onion, sirloin cube, tomato, sirloin cube.
Important to know:
- Cutting your veggies slightly smaller than the sirloin cubes should keep them from burning.
- Metal skewers helps ensure complete cooking of the meat, including the center.
Always wash your hands and sanitize your work area and equipment before starting any recipe.