Mattress Fire Damages Tulsa Apartment Early Friday


Friday, August 6th 2010, 7:57 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- The Red Cross is assisting a family after a fire inside their apartment early Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to the St. Thomas Square apartments at 1000 East 61st Street at 2 a.m. 

Officials say the fire started in a mattress, but no one was home at the time. 

Firefighters were able to put the fire out, but not before it caused about $10,000 worth of damage. 

Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution, but let back inside once the fire was out.