2 boneless beef top loin strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, halved
3-1/2 ounces fresh pearl onions, unpeeled, halved
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T olive oil
Salt to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 t chopped fresh thyme
1 t chopped fresh oregano
1 t chopped fresh parsley
1/2 t lemon peel
1/2 t coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 2 & 1/2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly. Thread potato halves onto 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Thread onion halves onto separate metal skewers.
2. Combine Rub ingredients; reserve 2 teaspoons for garnish. Press remaining herb mixture evenly onto steaks.
3. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes, onions and asparagus around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes and onions 5 to 10 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until golden brown and tender. Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (covered, 8 to 12 minutes on gas grill) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
4. Remove potatoes and onions from skewers; peel onions. Combine potatoes, onions, lemon juice, oil and lemon peel in large bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt as desired.
5. Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Serve steaks with grilled vegetables.
Nutritional info per serving: 219 calories; 9 grams fat (3 saturated); 84 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 36.2 mcg selenium; 5.8 mg zinc.
Get more recipes from the Oklahoma Beef Council.