OWASSO, OK -- The heat takes a toll on an Owasso firefighter battling a fire overnight near Turley.
The incident happened at a vacant home near 56th Street North and Peoria.
Fire officials say the firefighter got overheated. The firefighter was checked out by EMSA at the scene and then released.
There's no word on what sparked the fire.
The state Fire Marshal is being called in to investigate the fire.
Meanwhile, lightning may be to blame for an Owasso home going up in flames overnight. Firefighters were called to the home near 77th Place North and 162nd East Avenue in Rogers County just before 1 a.m. Thursday.
Officials say neighbors told them a man in a nearby subdivision saw a lightning flash and then fire coming from the home.
A man and a woman inside the home were able to get out just fine, but the home is a total loss.
The official cause of that fire is under investigation.