News On 6
TULSA, OK -- Two young fire victims say they owe their quick thinking to one clever canine. Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog made a stop at Tulsa's Celia Clinton Elementary School on Tuesday to honor two little girls who were involved in serious fire incidents.
One of the girl's houses caught fire in January, but Sparkles had visited her school just two months before. At the assemble she said Sparkles taught her how to crawl out to safety.
Sparkles' owner says she couldn't be more proud of her pup.
"This is Sparkles first time, as far as her helping in a situation like this with the fire safety presentation where later on we heard of the kids coming back and saying hey, Sparkles, Sparkles taught us what to do, so we're really proud of Sparkles," said Dayna Hilton.