1 cup apple juice, divided use
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cans (20 ounces each) sliced apples, drained
3 tablespoons margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
2/3 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat ¾ cup apple juice.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Blend in ¼ cup apple juice. Add this mixture to the hot juice.
4. Cook, stirring until thickened and starch is cooked.
5. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and apples. Spread into a 9-x 13-inch
6. Thoroughly mix ingredients for topping and sprinkle over the apples.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 222 calories, 46g carbohydrate, 2g protein,
3.5g fat, 0 mg cholesterol.
Source: Original recipe from St. John Food and Nutrition Services St. John Medical Center