Candle To Blame For Tulsa House Fire


Thursday, January 8th 2009, 7:34 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- Fire officials say a candle is to blame for an early morning house fire.  The fire started in a bedroom and then spread to the rest of the structure.  

Firefighters were called to 5600 block of South Quincy at 5 a.m. Thursday.

A next door neighbor heard a crackling noise and called the Tulsa Fire Department.

Five college students lived in the home.  Firefighters say they all got out safely.

Despite the best efforts by firefighters, the home is considered a complete loss.

Fire officials say several dogs in the home were also able to escape the burning home.