Fire Destroys West Tulsa Home


Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 5:55 pm
By: News On 6


News On 6

TULSA, OK -- A fire destroyed a West Tulsa family's home earlier Sunday.

Firefighters arrived near 800 West 19th Street to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof of the home. They say the attic and roof are a total loss.

"The house is not livable, we'll have a family of four being displaced for the holiday season," said Bryan Hickerson of the Tulsa Fire Department.

Hickerson says the family's fireplace started the blaze. He says it's always a good idea to have your fireplace checked and cleaned each year before you start it up.

The Red Cross has been called in to help the family.