Crews Determine Cause Of House Fire


Thursday, October 30th 2008, 8:27 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK - Crews with the Tulsa Fire Department were on the scene of a single-story house fire around 8:20 Wednesday evening in the 2400 block of South 138 E. A.

The fire was so intense, firefighters were forced to extinguish it from outside. An aerial ladder was used to gain control over the fire and ensure the safety of fire crews.

Firefighters had to protect the house next door because of the heat generated from the fire.

One person lived at the home and made it out safely.

The resident told firefighter he had started a fire inside the fireplace and after a short time began to smell smoke.

Firefighters determined the fire started in the structural area near the fireplace and extended into the homes attic space.

Property loss is estimated at $150,000.

The homeowner next door suffered damages near $15,000.