Trav's Backyard BBQ Official Rules
Friday, April 18th 2008, 9:46 am
By: News On 6
- The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the The News On 6, Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of The News On 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
- No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Trav's Backyard BBQ's will be hosted in our weekly winner's backyard on a date agreed to by The News On 6.
- By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by The News On 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrant's fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- Contest officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
- Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
- The News On 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
- Trav's Backyard BBQ
Participants may enter to win a backyard BBQ hosted by Travis Meyer by mailing in a non-returnable entry photo and essay to "Trav's Backyard BBQ" to P.O. Box 6, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74101 or on-line at newson6.com Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime and nighttime phone numbers and e-mail address. Entries must be received at The News On 6 by 5:00pm June 13, 2008. Entries will be accepted via mail or may be delivered in person to The News On 6 studios. Only one entry per person. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
Must be 18 or older to participate.
Winners of any other News on 6 contest within the 30 days prior to May 1, 2008, will not be eligible to win Trav's Backyard BBQ.
There will be 6 weekly Trav's Backyard BBQ winners. Winner will host a Backyard BBQ with Travis Meyer, at winner's home, for 30 people. Portions of the event will be broadcast live on The News On 6. Food will be provided by Oklahoma Pork Council and Runt's Barbeque, or other providers at the discretion of The News On 6.