Rogers County Town Considers Ban On Electric Fences
Monday, October 8th 2007, 9:20 am
By: News On 6
A ban of electric fences is being considered by the City of Claremore. The proposal came about after the accidental electrocution of a 4-year-old Broken Arrow boy. Jonathan Koone died August 12 when the soft-sided pool he was in collapsed. The rush of water swept him into an electric fence.
Itâ€™s expected that the Claremore City Council will consider an ordinance prohibiting electrical or barbed wire fencing in areas zoned residential. City officials say the measure is needed for the protection of meter readers, animal control officers and the general public.
9/20/2007 Death Ruled An Accident