Oklahoma City Man Hospitalized After Lighting Accident


Saturday, November 24th 2007, 2:54 pm
By: News On 6


OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – An Oklahoma City man was hospitalized after a holiday tradition turned tragic. David Key has installed holiday lights on his house for years without incident. But a wet roof and a bit of carelessness turned the not-so-simple task of giving his home some holiday cheer into a fall that could have cost him his life.

Key awoke from two days of unconsciousness Thursday morning after falling off the couple's roof Tuesday while putting up holiday lights.

About 12,500 people each year visit a hospital emergency room for falls, cuts, shocks and burns related to holiday decorating, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The commission recommends checking for broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires or loose connections before installing lights.