Ammonia leak in Osage County
Friday, July 5th 2002, 12:00 am
By: News On 6
Everything is under control after someone tried tapping a Williams Company pipeline early Friday morning, causing a leak.
It happened in rural Osage County, northwest of Sand Springs. No evacuations were necessary. The state Department of Environmental Quality was called out to stop the leak.
Anhydrous Ammonia, which was the gas that was released, can be extremely dangerous. When released to the atmosphere and inhaled your lungs will fill with fluid.