Fire damages a Coweta business


Thursday, October 28th 2004, 10:56 am
By: News On 6


A Coweta man is struggling to keep his small business afloat, after a fire destroyed nearly everything he owns.

Wayne Rowley spent the last three years building his shipping crate company, but it took only one night for flames to destroy it, causing about $65,000 worth of damage.

Coweta Fire investigators say lightening may have sparked the blaze, but they also suspect electrical problems.

Rowely hadn't yet insured the building saying he had to fix it up before he could take out a policy. "Just got it set up, ready to go, haven't even turned the gas on and for some unforsaken reason it burnt down.”

The building is a total loss, but Rowely doesn't want to lose his clientele, so he and his few employees are now working on the lawn to fill customer orders.