New details about the hours after a Tulsa bank robbery and shooting

Wednesday, October 20th 2004, 3:58 pm
By: News On 6

A Tulsa County court judge ruled Wednesday afternoon there is enough evidence for four men to stand trial on charges of robbing the First Fidelity Bank and shooting three people.

Wednesday's witnesses, during a preliminary hearing, were relatives and girlfriends of the suspects. News on 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright was once again in court for the testimony.

Dyra Malone lived with murder suspect Jeremy Williams for seven months. She is also charged in this crime. She says no one offered her a plea bargain deal in order for her to testify. She says after the robbery of the First Fidelity Bank on June 22nd, Williams came to her apartment, told her he'd jacked the white man and showed her wads of cash.

So, while the families of the robbery and shootings were frantic with worry over who would live or die, Malone says she and Williams used some of the robbery money to pay the electricity bill, then Williams bought her a kitten that she thought was cute and took her out to lunch. She says after that, they went to a park to smoke marijuana and then to a vacant house to have sex, before she saw him wipe fingerprints off three guns. Beverly Jordan also testified.

She is suspect Christoper Jordan's mother, she says he was just the get-away driver for the crime, and never went inside the bank. She is also the aunt of suspect Alvin Jordan and says he told her he was shot at inside the bank and shot back. Evidence shows no employees or customers in the bank had any weapons.

Alvin Jordan's live-in girl told the judge, Alvin, Christopher and Williams were all at her apartment the night before the robbery until sometime after 1 AM when they left together. She never saw them the day of the robbery.

The details all seem so routine to the people who are testifying about them, but they are anything but routine to the victims and their family members who are now learning what happened the hours before and after an incident that forever changed their lives.

It turns out an officer stopped Jeremy Williams about an hour after the robbery for a hit and run accident. The officer noticed Williams had a lot of cash with him, but had no reason to hold him, so let him go after writing him traffic tickets. Williams was arrested later that night for the robbery and shooting.