2 Die From Carbon Monoxide Exposure At N.C. Plant


Saturday, February 17th 2007, 4:45 pm
By: News On 6


WILSON, N.C. (AP) _ Two workers died Saturday from exposure to carbon monoxide while working on a renovation project at an aerospace plant, a fire official said.

At least 17 others were taken to a hospital, but none appeared to be seriously injured, authorities said.

The two deceased victims were contractors hired for a job at the Kidde Aerospace and Defense plant and appeared to have been overcome by exhaust from a gasoline-powered saw used to cut concrete in an unventilated area, Cmdr. Mike Brown of the Wilson Fire Department told The Wilson Daily Times.

The incident happened during work on a $3.4 million expansion of the plant to house a design and engineering department, officials said. The workers' names were not released.