Disaster aid available for fire damages

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 3:10 pm
By: News On 6

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ Oklahomans whose homes or personal property are damaged by wildfires are now eligible to apply for one or more federal disaster assistance programs from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

One program helps with living and housing expenses. Other programs offer low-interest loans for qualified homeowners, renters and business owners.

There are also grants for personal property, clothing, furniture or medical expenses.

Applications can be made by phone from 8 AM until 6 PM seven days a week at 1-800-FEMA (3362).