Ken's 4th Of July Chicken Kabobs
Friday, December 14th 2007, 1:55 pm
By: News On 6
- Wednesday, September 08, 2004
- American/Holiday Fare/Grilling
- 6 servings
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt5 tbsp. crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
2 tsps. garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
6 (10 - 12 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Mix yogurt, 3 tbsp. feta cheese, garlic, rosemary and lemon pepper in a large bowl.
Add cubed chicken and toss to coat.
Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Prepare outdoor barbecue to cook on medium to high heat.
Thread chicken and bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill until chicken is cooked through, approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Transfer kabobs to platter and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of feta cheese and serve.
Serving suggestion: Add wild rice and steamed asparagus to serve with the kabobs.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Ken Oliver, Cooking With Ken, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org