Grilled Tomato Sandwiches
Friday, December 14th 2007, 12:07 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 6 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
- 12 (3/4 inch-thick) slices tomato½ teaspoon salt, divided
12 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups trimmed arugula
- 1. Prepare grill
2. Sprinkle tomato slices with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place tomato slices, salted sides down, on paper towels. Let stand 10 minutes. Repeat procedure on other side of tomato slices.
3. Place tomato slices and bread slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle tomato slices with ¼ teaspoon salt, vinegar and pepper.
4. Combine mayonnaise, juice and garlic in a bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each of 6 bread slices; top each with 2 tomato slices, ½ cup arugula, and 1 bread slice. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Sean Fry, General Manager, The Polo Grill - 2038 Utica Square, Tulsa, Ok 74114, (918)744-4280