Festive Egg Squares
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 5:45 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings
- Non-stick cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) box, frozen soy-based sausage patties, cooked
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, sliced with tops
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cup reduced-fat baking mix
1 1/2 cup egg substitute
1 cup fat-free milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ -1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x- 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut sausage into small pieces and layer in dish. Sprinkle with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cheese, baking mix, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and oregano.
4. Pour or sausage mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 135 calories, 12g carbohydrate, 12g protein, 5.2g fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 3.7mg cholesterol, 2g dietary fiber, 577mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: ½ starch, 2 very lean meat, ½ vegetable
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD and Jennifer Parham, RD, LD