Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:43 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 10 servings
- Butter-flavored cooking spray1 cup water
1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
1/2 cup light margarine (5g fat per tablespoon)
6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 4 tablespoons sugar, divided use
4 eggs, separated
1 egg white
2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
10 tablespoons canned light whipped cream
1/2 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate, shaved
- 1. Preheat oven to 300° F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
2. Combine water and cornmeal in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes. Add margarine, chocolate and vanilla. Stir until melted. Cool completely.
3. Beat 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolks on medium speed until yolks are thick and pale yellow, 3-4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture.
4. Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, 3-4 minutes. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar; continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form, 2-3 minutes. Fold into chocolate mixture.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. 6. Puree raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Serve each slice of cake with 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry puree, 1 tablespoon whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 218 calories, 25g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 12g fat, 5g saturated fat, 87mg cholesterol, 1.8g dietary fiber, 145mg sodium