Chocolate Cherry Brownie Dessert
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 10:58 am
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 16 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, without stems
1 package (1 pound 6.5 ounces) supreme brownie mix (with pouch of chocolate syrup)
1/3 cup applesauce
½ cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 container (8 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Drain cherries reserving ¼ cup of the liquid.
3. In a large bowl combine brownie mix (save syrup pouch for garnish), applesauce, ¼ cup liquid from the drained cherries, egg substitute, and almond extract. Mix until well blended. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
4. Chop approximately 2/3 cup of maraschino cherries. In a large mixing bowl fold together the whipped topping, marshmallows and cherries. Spread mixture evenly over cooled brownies. Drizzle chocolate over top, and add additional cherries as desired for garnish. .
5. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 222 calories, 44g carbohydrate, 2g protein, 3.4g fat, 2.2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0.1g dietary fiber, 150mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 2 ½ starch, ½ fat
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly Vincent, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Ctr., St. John Medical Ctr.