Cheesy Artichokes and Chips
Monday, December 10th 2007, 6:17 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 16 servings, 1/3 cup dip + 4 pita wedges each
- Butter-flavored cooking spray1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 package (8 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided use
8 pita bread rounds
2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion, artichokes and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes or until heated throughout.
3. Split each pita round into 2 circles, then cut each round into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheets. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place under broiler with door slightly ajar for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve dip and pitas while hot.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 159 calories, 24g carbohydrate, 7g protein, 3.3g fat, 1.7g saturated fat, 7.8mg cholesterol, 0.8g dietary fiber, 539mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD