Monday, December 10th 2007, 4:19 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 10 servings
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 cups egg substitute
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
Vegetable oil cooking spray
2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (6 ounces) thinly-sliced 97% fat-free honey ham
1/2 cup shredded light Mexican cheese (4.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Place cream cheese and milk in medium mixing bowl. Microwave on high setting 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Add next 6 ingredients.
2. Spray large skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Cook egg mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but not dry.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 9- x 12-inch rectangle; transfer to a baking sheet. Cut 1 1/2-inch-wide strips into long sides of dough. Each cut should extend 3 inches toward the center of the dough, leaving a 6-inch-wide center section.
4. Arrange ham evenly over center of dough. Top with eggs and cheese. Create braid by lifting strips of dough across filling to meet in center. Twist each strip and tuck ends to form a braid.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 231 calories, 22g carbohydrate, 14g protein, 8.8g fat, 2.4g saturated fat, 10.3mg cholesterol, 0.1g dietary fiber, 768mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD