Hazelnut Coffee Pudding Parfaits
Monday, March 1st 2021, 12:44 pm
News On 6
Erin Barnhart of Panera Bread shares a recipe for hazelnut coffee pudding parfaits.
- 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 – ¼ cup Panera® Hazelnut Crème Ground Coffee, brewed, chilled, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. marble pound cake, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs. sugar
- ¼ cup shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup coffee and milk in a large bowl until combined. Place in refrigerator and allow to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a bowl. Using a whisk or hand-mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- In 4 parfait cups or small bowls, layer ¼ cup of the coffee pudding on the bottom of each, then ½ oz. cake cubes, ½ tbsp. coffee drizzled over the cake, ¼ cup whipped cream, and ½ tbsp. chocolate. Repeat layers starting with the coffee pudding, then cake, drizzled coffee, whipped cream and top with chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill before serving.
Or, Try This
- These parfaits can be made up to 1 day in advance. If you are going to assemble them the day before enjoying, do not add the final layer of whipped cream or chocolate. Cover until ready to serve, then garnish with the final layer of whipped cream and chocolate shavings or chips.
- Brew the coffee in advance and make sure it is fully chilled in the refrigerator before adding to the recipe.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 servings