Whiskey Jerked Shrimp & Grits
Thursday, October 19th 2017, 8:59 am
By: News On 6
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp
- 4 Tbsp Whiskey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- cup uncooked stone-ground yellow grits
- garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Green Onions for garnish
- Combine stock, grits, garlic and cream in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 19 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add Cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, Caribbean jerk seasoning, whiskey, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix together and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, add olive oil & heat pan to medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan
- Add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 4 minutes