A former employee is suing the Northwest Rogers County Fire District, its chief, its chairman and the union that represents its firefighters over mold and other issues.
According to a copyrighted story in the Oologah Lake Leader, former administrative assistant Debra Cooper filed suit in Rogers County District Court on Wednesday, seeking $85,000 in actual damages and unspecified amount of punitive damages.
Cooper handled everything from payroll and office management duties to serving as board minute clerk. She was fired February 13, 2017.
In her lawsuit she accuses the defendants of criminal violations of the Open Meetings act, gender discrimination and attempting to hide mold contamination from the public, intentional infliction of emotional distress, breach of contract, malicious interference with her rights, and multiple violation of rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, the Leader reports.
The department has since closed all three of its fire stations because of the mold.
The lawsuit also names as defendants Chief Mat Shockley and Board Chair Mel Dainty and Northwest Professional Firefighters Local No. 4057.
In addition to damages, Cooper wants the court to void her termination and issue an injunction to prevent further violations against her.