After a week off, Oklahoma State returns to action Saturday against Kansas in Lawrence, with kickoff set for 11 a.m. on FS1. A closer look at the matchup:
An Oklahoma State Win Would...
• Improve the Cowboys to 7-1 in their last eight true road games, dating back to 2014.
• Be its seventh straight over Kansas and its 12th in the last 13 meetings with the Jayhawks. The Cowboys have not lost to Kansas since 2007 and have not lost to the Jayhawks in Lawrence since 1994. Since that 1994 setback, OSU has won six consecutive road games in the series.
• Increase the Cowboys' advantage in the all-time series against Kansas to 36-29-2 The series dates back to 1923, but didn't get going in earnest until 1946.
• Improve the Cowboys to 21-15-1 all-time against Kansas in Lawrence.
• Improve Mike Gundy's record against Kansas to 8-1.
• Improve the Cowboys to 40-17 in Big 12 Conference games since 2010.
• Improve the Cowboys to 50-6 in their last 56 games against unranked opponents, dating back to 2010.
• Bring Mike Gundy to within one victory of the 100-win mark for his career.
A head-to-head comparison of the two teams, with 2016 NCAA rank in parentheses:
When Oklahoma State Has The Ball...
Oklahoma State Total Offense Per Game – 480.2 (27th)
Kansas Total Defense Per Game – 424.8 (86th)
Oklahoma State Rushing Offense Per Game – 129.7 (113th)
Kansas Rushing Defense Per Game – 197.2 (95th)
Oklahoma State Passing Offense Per Game – 350.5 (8th)
Kansas Passing Defense Per Game – 227.7 (66th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Lost – 8 (30th)
Kansas Turnovers Gained – 11 (43rd)
Oklahoma State Field Goals/Season Long – 9-for-11/Long of 53 yards
Oklahoma State Net Punting – 40.85 (23rd)
Kansas Punt Returns – -0.5 (128th)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Returns – 16.1 (122nd)
Kansas Kickoff Return Defense – 17.13 (13th)
When Kansas Has The Ball...
Kansas Total Offense Per Game – 349.8 (112th)
Oklahoma State Total Defense Per Game – 447.8 (106th)
Kansas Rushing Offense Per Game – 94.8 (123rd)
Oklahoma State Rushing Defense Per Game – 177.8 (81st)
Kansas Passing Offense Per Game – 255.0 (45th)
Oklahoma State Passing Defense Per Game – 270.0 (99th)
Kansas Turnovers Lost – 22 (128th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Gained – 13 (28th)
Kansas Field Goals/Season Long – 4-for-8/Long of 50 yards
Kansas Net Punting – 38.42 (51st)
Oklahoma State Punt Returns – 13.8 (15th)
Kansas Kickoff Returns – 21.14 (67th)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Return Defense – 17.30 (16th)