Roasted Pumpkin & Veggies - Pumpkin, Pine Nut & Bacon Penne
Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 1:11 pm
By: News On 6
Roasted Pumpkin & Veggies
- 2 c pumpkin, diced, peeled, and seeded
- 1 c potatoes, diced and peeled
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- minced garlic, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine all vegetables and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine to ensure oil and seasoning is distributed properly.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden and crisped.
Pumpkin, Pine Nut & Bacon Penne
- 1 lb bowtie pasta, cooked in salted water to al dente
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 5 strips bacon, crisp and chopped finely
- 4 green onions, green stems only sliced finely
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 c fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted water according to package directions. The pasta should be al dente – cooked but with a little firmness, not mushy. Drain and return to pan.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Stir in ground cumin and cook another minute.
- Cook bacon. Chop finely.
- Add green onions and parsley to pasta and toss to combine. Add bacon and pumpkin. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta into serving bowls and sprinkle toasted pine nuts and crumbled ricotta cheese. Serve immediately.