For the second straight year, Danny Eslick has won the Daytona 200. The Tulsa native's win makes him the 12th driver in the American SportBike Racing Association to win back-to-back years.
Eslick passed Josh Herrin on the final lap to steal the victory by .086 seconds.
According to Yahoo News, Herron seemed to have an advantage near the end. That was until Eslick tucked in and drafted off Herrin's bike, before nudging by him on the outside coming out of turn four, securing the victory.
“Those last couple of laps were pretty crazy,” said Eslick. “I knew he was going to catch me, and I didn't want him to catch me right there at the end. He did right what I wanted; he went by me and I drafted [past] him across the line.”
Top 10 Finishes:
1. Danny Eslick (Suz GSX-R600)
2. Josh Herrin (Yam YZF-R6)
3. Geoff May (Yam YZF-R6)
4. Bostjan Skubic (Yam YZF-R6)
5. Armando Ferrer (Yam YZF-R6)
6. Darren James (Yam YZF-R6)
7. Sean Dwyer (Yam YZF-R6)
8. Bryce Prince (Yam YZF-R6)
9. Ryan Christian (Yam YZF-R6)
10. Kristofer Knopf (Yam YZF-R6)