Slick, Hazardous Roads Force Some Green Country Courthouses To Close
Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 9:38 pm
By: News On 6
It's not just schools that are having to shut down because of icy road conditions across northeastern Oklahoma.
- Wagoner County officials have announced the courthouse will be close on Monday due to inclement weather.
- Court Clerk Kim Henry announced the Rogers County Courthouse also will be closed.
- County Commissioner Newt Stephens told News On 6 that the Creek County Courthouse and all county offices will be closed on Monday, and there will be a delayed opening for the board of county commissioners. The Creek County BOCC has a scheduled meeting at 9 a.m., he said.
- Craig County Emergency Management says Craig County courthouse closed Monday.
- All Tulsa City/County libraries closed Monday
View a list of school closings
Tulsa Transit officials said fixed route buses will be on snow routes on Monday.
"The Lift will provide service to and from dialysis centers only," a news release says.
Oklahoma commissioner of public safety has announced that weather state agencies may temporarily reduce non-essential services on Monday for the following western counties: Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, Cleveland, McClain, Lincoln, Logan and Canadian Counties.
State employees in those counties who are designated to maintain basic minimum services (staff essential functions) should remain at work or report to work as scheduled, the agency says.
3/2/2014 Related Story: Winter Road Conditions Continue To Plague Northeastern Oklahoma Drivers