Firefighters: Man Cooking Meth Catches Tulsa Apartment On Fire


Friday, January 4th 2013, 7:47 am
By: News On 6


Paramedics took a 43-year-old man to a Tulsa hospital after a fire damaged his his apartment late Thursday.

Tulsa Fire got the call at about 11 p.m. for a fire at the Tamarack Place Apartments near East 60th Street and Peoria.

The man originally told firefighters he was working on some model airplanes in his apartment when the fire started.  When he talked to Tulsa Police at the hospital, he admitted that he was manufacturing methamphetamine at the time. 

EMSA took the man to a Tulsa hospital suffering from multiple burns. There was no word on his condition.

The fire damaged the man's apartment and caused smoke and water damage to several nearby apartments.