Recovering Important Documents Lost In Creek County Wildfire

Monday, September 24th 2012, 3:03 pm
By: News On 6

Oklahoma's Department of Emergency Management and FEMA are offering some tips for wildfire victims in Creek County recover important documents they may have lost in those fires.

Almost 400 families lost everything when their homes burned earlier this summer.

Families who lost:

  • Birth certificates - contact the Oklahoma Department of Health at or call 405-271-4040.
  • Social Security cards – call U.S. Social Security office at 800-772-1213 or visit
  • Driver's license - call Oklahoma Department of Public Safety at 405-425-2300 or visit
  • Federal tax records - call 800-829-1040 or visit the IRS's web site at
  • The Oklahoma Tax Commission at 800-522-8165 or visit to help replace destroyed tax records.
  • Residents can contact their local utility company, financial institution or insurance provider and speak with a customer service representative for copies of their most recent records.

For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click on

Oklahoma Wildfire coverage on