Oklahoma State Parks List Facilities Closed Due To Flooding
Thursday, April 28th 2011, 12:56 pm
By: News On 6
UNDATED -- Several Oklahoma state parks have been affected by high water levels after the recent heavy rainfall.
The Oklahoma Parks web site recommends campers and other travelers call ahead before visiting.
4/26/2011 Related Story: Flood Waters Swallow Campgrounds Along The Illinois River
The following areas are temporarily closed:
- Tenkiller State Park: Fisherman's Point campground including courtesy dock, tent sites and day-use sites. Hickory Flat campground access road, marina parking lot and access road.
- Cherokee Landing State Park: Main entrance closed; alternative entrance near Oklahoma Station convenience store is open. Wildcat Point Area; Lower Road boat ramp and courtesy dock closed.
- Greenleaf State Park: Lower park areas closed.
- Spavinaw State Park: No access to campground. All areas closed and gated.
- Snowdale State Park: No access to campground. All areas closed and gated.
- Cherokee State Park: Riverside and Grand Cherokee Areas: No access to campground. All areas closed and gated.
- Bernice State Park: Camping areas closed.
- Twin Bridges State Park: Lower end boat ramp and fishing dock closed. Lower end parking lot partially open.
- Sequoyah Golf Course: Nine holes only open for play.
Get phone numbers for Oklahoma State Parks.