1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents who reside in News On 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of The News On 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
4. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by The News On 6 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by The News On 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. Contest officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
7. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
8. The News On 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
9. River Spirit Casino Eric Burdon and the Animals tickets:
Participants may enter the River Spirit Casino giveaway by watching Six in the Morning Wednesday, March 2, 2011. When the commercial spot reveals the "Keyword," participants must text the keyword to the short code (79640) provided. Only one entry per person per day.
Winners of any other THE NEWS ON 6 contest within the 30 days prior to Monday, March 2, 2010 will not be eligible to win the River Spirit Casino Eric Burdon and the Animals tix
One (1) prize will be awarded. Each prize will consist of a pair of Eric Burdon and the Animals tickets from River Spirit Casino.
Winner will be selected at random.
In addition: The News On 6 will provide users with information on how to "opt-out" of receiving messages from Licensee in the first message following the first opt-in for clubs or alerts, sent to a user. This message must include, at a minimum, all of the following items (not necessarily in this order):
Standard messaging charges apply per your carrier. Send HELP to (79640) for information. Send STOP to (79640) to opt out of the service. For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit http://www.newson6.com/global/Story.asp?s=11261876 Note: Standard Terms & Conditions are also available at http://store2.hipcricket.com/standard-termsEandP.asp
a. Licensee identifier/name
b. Short description of the service
c. Number and frequency of messages
d. Charging information
e. Opt-out instructions
f. Contact information
g. Where to get assistance/URL
The News On 6 will provide, through the HipCricket Software all information to users necessary to enable such end users the ability to opt-in to receive campaigns and to enable users to opt-out if they no longer wish to receive text messages. Licensee represents and warrants that it will only send and continue to send text messages to persons that have opted-in to receive such text messages and have not subsequently opt-out.
The News On 6 has included a prominent link on newson6.com to SMS Terms and Conditions that will have clear instructions for the user to update or remove his/her details from the Licensee database, or to unsubscribe/opt out.