Claremore Man Dies From Injuries In House Fire


Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 2:59 pm
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

CLAREMORE, Oklahoma -- A Claremore man has died from the burns he received in a house fire last Thursday. Thirty-four-year-old Chris Barnard was burned on more than 80 percent of his body and suffered smoke inhalation.

Barnard's stepfather said that his stepson was trying to save the family's pets when he was burned.

10/29/2010 Related Story: Claremore Man Badly Burned Trying To Save Pets From House Fire

Four other family members were in the home, but they made it out safely.

Barnard died on Monday. His funeral will be held Saturday morning at 10 at the Christian Women's Alliance Building in Claremore.