Raspberry Peach Cobbler
Monday, July 20th 2009, 11:57 am
By: News On 6
6 medium peach(es), halved, pitted and thinly sliced (about 1 3/4 lbs)Instructions
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup(s) raspberries
3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tbsp sugar, granulated, divided
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt
3 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
1/3 cup(s) reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 350ºF.
• Place peaches in a medium bowl; toss with powdered sugar until sugar dissolves. In an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange peach slices in several layers; sprinkle raspberries over top.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture and work in with a fork or pastry cutter until flour resembles course crumbs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix with a fork until dough comes together.
• Place clumps of crumb mixture over fruit; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
• Bake until top is golden brown and fruit begins to bubble, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
• Feel free to substitute thawed, frozen fruit for the fresh fruit, if desired.