Mustard And Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens
Monday, December 17th 2007, 12:04 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon water or lemon juice
2, 1 1/2-pound Cornish game hens
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Process first 8 ingredients (mustard, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, parsley, oil and lemon juice) in the bowl of a food processor.
3. Rinse hens and pat dry. Rub cavities and outside of hens with mustard mixture.
4. Arrange hens in shallow roasting pan. Bake 1 hour or until juices run clear. (Cover with foil last 15 minutes if hens are browning too quickly). Let stand 5 minutes.
5. Cut hens in half along backbone and breastbone from tail to neck, using kitchen scissors.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 316 calories, 1g carbohydrate, 46g protein, 11g fat, 2.4g saturated fat, 210mg cholesterol, 0.3g dietary fiber, 617mg sodium (Note: In order for this information to be correct, remove skin from hens before eating. )
- Original recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD