Former University of Oklahoma President David Boren and Vice President Tripp Hall will not face criminal charges after both were accused of sexual misconduct.
The OSBI said they didn’t find enough evidence to move forward.
Jess Eddy came forward last year to say he was sexually assaulted by David Boren. On Tuesday, Boren and his team said they were relieved by this vindication.
Boren retired in 2017, soon after the claims against him surfaced, as did claims against Former OU Vice President Tripp Hall and multiple witnesses were questioned.
Eddy said even with a lack of criminal findings, he received his own version of justice that he hopes leads to change.
"I just have the sense that maybe I am surrounded by people who believe me and have been supportive of me," Eddy said. "The prevalence of the truth, the public knowing what happened, not being lied to is my sense of justice."
Boren also released a statement, saying in part, "I thank Oklahomans for their kindness and their confidence in me. You have made me even more grateful to be an Oklahoman. Your prayers and support have sustained me throughout this ordeal."
OU released a statement saying they continually cooperated with investigators and appreciate the work of the OSBI and of the Grand Jury.